05 January 2014

Reader Under The Spotlight - Nelly

Hello everyone! My name is Nelly. I was born in India, grew up in Ireland and now live in the States where I am finishing medical school. As a brand-new Filofax owner I would love to be more involved and get to know others in the absolutely amazing community I see here on Philofaxy!

1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?

Just a few weeks back! A beautiful A5 Original in Fluorescent Pink. I have been visiting Philofaxy for the better part of a year and reading almost every other Filofax blog I could find to get as much info as I could before I made the big plunge! And I have so say, I couldn’t be happier!

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

I’ve used Franklin Covey, DayTimer, Kate Spade, Lilly Pultizer and a beautiful Ordning & Reda that was gifted to me.

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

Well, obviously. My A5 Original Fluoro Pink. I was originally a tad worried that the fluorescent pink color wouldn’t be considered “professional” enough but at the end of the day I thought it’s what makes me the happiest!

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?

Just the first of what I predict to be many!

5. What is the oldest Filofax in your collection?


My A5 Original in Fluoro Pink!

6. What do you use your Filofax for?


As a busy student it’s nice to set aside time to tend to my Filofax to prep my week or month and create my to-do lists. I’ve also found that using my Filofax has held me more accountable and motivated by allowing me to see visual representations of my future goals, reading lists, wish lists etc.

7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?


To be honest, I just think they look beautiful! It’s just nice to see one on a desk or shelf and think, now that is a beautiful accessory!

8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

I’d love to see BIG golden rings! Also I would want it to come with VERY thick paper! Filofaxes are art forms, why create on such thin, flimsy paper!?

9. How do you carry your Filofax?

In my purse! I love big purses and totes so I can put it in those with my laptop, wallet and other essentials!

10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

My dream Filofax was really The Original but now that I have that I have my eye set on an A5 Metropol in black, A5 Charleston in red and I’d love to have a Doodle! I'll have to make up an excuse or justification to buy these!

11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?

I spent $100 US on my A5 Original in Fluoro Pink.

12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?

Goodness, all my tips or hacks I’ve learned from everyone else on Philofaxy! I’ve learned to utilize the resources on these blogs and YouTube channels. Don’t rush out and buy things when you can look to others who have created DIY versions! For example, I just created my own dividers that are SO much more personalized than purchasing them or having someone else make them (all from watching a YT instructional video!)

13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

You all are such wonderful people! So full of warmth and excitement about this mutual love you share without any competitiveness or hidden agenda (get it, agenda? Hehehe…..perhaps jokes like this are why I’m single) ;)

But in all seriousness I do enjoy how open and welcoming of a community Philofaxy seems to be. Even from the Reader Spotlights you see how Philofaxy showcases both those brand new to the brand (like me) as well as the seasoned veterans and experts with many, many Filofaxes and years and years of experience and expertise.

14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?


Oh goodness, I don’t think anything!

15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?


Daft Punk—Get Lucky 

16.  Mark Darcy or Daniel Cleaver?


Mark Darcy—is this even a question!? How can you compare the two!? I’m also very distraught about what Ms. Fielding has done to Mr. Darcy in her latest installment of the series.

Thank you Nelly, and we wish you well with your studies. If you would like to be one of our 'Readers Under the Spotlight' then please email philofaxy at gmail dot com

13 comments:

  1. Well - I had Daft Punk stuck in my head all day....until about an hour ago. Dangit now it's back!!!! Thanks Nelly!!!! >:-[ Seriously though, I am a nursing student and I just got my first Filofax. A Raspberry Personal Finsbury. While I was waiting for it to arrive in stock from back order status, I took advantage of the FF USA deal and got a Mini Lavender Metropol, a Maroon Pocket Sketch, and a Pink Back to School Filofax. My Personal Finsbury is my main one but wondering what to do with the Sketch and Metropol. Anyway, I hope having this Filofax will help me really stay on top of my assignments and everything else going on in my life. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's amazing you got all of those! I'm jealous! It's nice to know people in the medical field using the FF systems as well! Best of luck to you!!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the community, Nelly! You'll find us helpful and ready to answer your questions; I hope you will enjoy your personal journey into the world of paper planning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview...beautiful lady! Good luck in med school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to meet you. Hope you continue to love your FF and it helps you accomplish all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you too! I know I will love it and I can't wait to see the path it helps me take! Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Welcome Nelly! What a great interview. Congratulations on your fluoro pink! I can only imagine what a med student's lists look like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the warm welcome! Med student lists=not fun! But hopefully my fluoro pink will at least make me pretend they are!

      Delete
  6. Lovely to meet you, Nelly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to meet you :-) I've just bought the latest Bridget Jones instalment, and am now not sure I want to read it... although obviously I'm going to have to, if only to find out what she's done to Mr Darcy... :-)

    ReplyDelete